Arroz Rojo With Beef
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 3⁄4 cups swanson beef stock
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Cook the beef, onion and pepper in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until the beef is well browned, stirring often to separate the meat. Pour off any fat.
- Stir the stock, tomato sauce, chili powder and garlic powder in the skillet and heat to a boil. Stir in the rice. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender. Serve with the cheese and sour cream, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!