Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A muffin version of my favorite cookie. These are perfect for breakfast or a special treat anytime of the day.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla chip
- 3⁄4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla chip
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in the chips and nuts.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- For glaze, in a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chips with cream; stir until smooth. Drizzle over warm muffins.
I made these for my husbands birthday breakfast. He loved them! I had to add a small amount more milk to get them to easily spoon into the muffin tins. Besides that they turned out great. I am sure he will ask for these again! Thanks.
Nice muffins. My batter was pretty thick so I added more milk. They were quick to mix together. Liked the flavor the macadamia nuts added to the muffin. We enjoyed them with our morning coffee. Thanks Chris from Kansas