Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
I got this recipe off of the Nestle Toll House White Chocolate chip bag. There was a similar recipe on recipezaar but the poster had reduced the amount of cocoa powder by a considerable amount. This, in my books, is sacrilege! The more chocolate, the better. The cooking time is for one cookie sheet.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in large mixing bowl with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Drop by well-rounded teaspoons (I did tablespoon measures and got 48 cookies) onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to wire racks and let cool completely.
Wonderful cookies! The dough is very thick and stiff and you need a little elbow-grease to incorporate both the flour mixture as well as the chocolate chips. But it is all so worth it! I used tablespoons as a measure and got 47 cookies which baked for 10 minutes in my oven. They do not spread very much but stay a little puffy and flattens down after cooling.
When right out of the oven (they smelled so good I just had to try one immediately) they are a little cakey but after proper cooling they are crisp on the edges and chewy in the center.
I am very pleased I tried these and will certainly make again.
Thanks for posting.
I made these at my restaurant today,(baker and chef) AWESOME!!! :) Thank you sooo much. Fantastic cookie. Just some changes i made...instead of 2 cups of white chips i did half white and half dark chips. Everybody loved them. Now i must make more :)
These are great! I used I combination of regular and Dutch process cocoa. I used one cup mini white chocolate chip and one cup semi sweet chips. Cooked for 7 minutes and they were perfect. I also added 1 tsp of KA espresso powder to bring out the chocolate flavor.