An easy recipe for making White Cake from Scratch. You can even make cup cakes from this recipe. Just line muffin tins with paper liners and bake for 20-25 min. Frost them and add sprinkles, chocolate shots or confectioner's candy.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 9x9 inch pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the milk until batter is smooth.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
My husband, a big fan of white cakes, loved it. I usually don't care for them but this one was GOOD. I alternated the flour & milk to prevent the batter from getting too thick & it didn't hurt the cake.
I doubled the recipe & used a 9 x 13 pan. Very good!! Nice & moist, very tasty, & easy!! Made this for dh's birthday (frosted with choc. icing)& it went quickly. Will definitely make this again!!
Very nice texture to this cake, and super easy to put together. I made cupcakes, which were done in about 20 minutes. My husband is a cake fan also, and he gave this more than one compliment, which is quite impressive for him! :^)