Nice bread for bread machine or by mixer. 2 points per slice
Make and share this Weight Watchers White Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Place dry ingredients in mixer bowl.
- Attach flat beater and mix for 30 sec. Change to dough hook.
- Set to speed 2. Add oil and then water slowly until bread pulls away from the side of the bowl. Knead 2 minutes until dough silky to touch.
- Shape into ball and place into oiled bowl, greasing the top of the dough. Cover.
- Let raise until doubled, 1 1/2-2 hours.
- Punch down. Knead 3 or 4 times. Shape and place into bread pan.
- Let rise until doubled, no more than 1" above bread pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 min until instant read thermometer reads 170 degrees of higher.
- Cover dough with foil tent if necessary to prevent over browning.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Place all ingredients in bread maker pan in order set by manufacturer.
- Bake on bread cycle.
I'M SO HAPPY...I found bread that I can have while I'm on weight watchers! My husband will be so happy, I told him I wouldn't be baking fresh bread as much as I was because I am dieting. Well, now I can, this bread is wonderful! I made mine into 6 rolls actually to use for sandwiches. They are the perfect size and and just under 3 points per roll. I counted 16 points for the entire loaf. Next time I will double it so I can get 12 rolls. I used my kitcheaid mixer and did it a little different than you suggested. I added the water to the yeast in the bowl first and let it proof for about 5 minutes. Then I added the sugar, salt, olive oil and dry milk, mixed that with the paddle. Then I added both flours and mixed again. I removed the paddle and added the dough hook and kneaded on speed #2 for almost 10 minutes. Then I let it rise covered for an hour. I then punched down the dough and made it into 6 rolls. I thought the dough was slightly dry, but I live in a dry area so I just rubbed a little oil on my hands and problem solved. I covered them again, let them rise another 45 minutes until they doubled again and then baked them for 30 minutes. Easy and perfect, just what I needed. Thanks so much I will be making these often!
I am making this bread in my machine a few time a week now. I add a little ground flax and chia seed to it (because i add these to most things I eat!) It makes a delicious bread! I count it as 2 points and usually use it for open faced sandwiches.
Great light whole wheat recipe with a fabulous health factor. I used it to make 6 sandwich buns and two are already gone, yum! What a happy find. Made for Pic A Chef, Spring 2013.