Recipe by Debidoo
A delicious, low-fat way to get that skillet-fried taste without the guilt!
Top Review by sweet&spicy
This was great I did make some changes to our taste. I didn't have any breadcrumbs so I doubled the cornmeal (yellow) used pollock. I left out the dill and the papirka, used cajun seasoning baked for ten min. then broiled for 3-4. We loved it so did our twelve yr old son, our nine yr old daughter will come around, because I will be making again. Thank you for sharing.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh haddock or 1 1⁄2 lbs tilapia fillets or 1 1⁄2 lbs other white fish
- 1⁄4 cup white cornmeal (or yellow)
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs (I use seasoned)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a shallow dish, like a pie plate, combine all dry ingredients.
- Place milk in another shallow dish.
- Dip fish in milk, then in crumb mixture.
- Place in pan coated with cooking spray.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake for 10 minute or until fish flakes apart with fork.