- 6 cups green cabbage (approximately 1/2 head) or 6 cups savoy cabbage, thinly sliced (approximately 1/2 head)
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup red cabbage, shredded (my addition)
- 4 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, minced (my addition)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- 5 teaspoons wasabi powder
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar (is using rice wine vinegar omit sugar)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup grapeseed oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- black sesame seed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl combine the water and wasabi powder. Mix until a paste forms. Set aside.
- In another small non-reactive bowl whisk together the vinegar and sugar until the sugar dissolves.
- Whisk in the mayonnaise and oil.
- Add the wasabi paste, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Important: *Allow mixture to stand 10-15 minutes.*.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, scallions and cilantro if using.
- Just before serving the salad, add the dressing and stir well to combine.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of black sesame seeds, if desired.