1/2 Photos of Wasabi Coleslaw
From the cookbook "Raising the Salad Bar" with a few changes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups green cabbage (approximately 1/2 head) or 6 cups savoy cabbage, thinly sliced (approximately 1/2 head)
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, shredded (my addition)
- 4 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced (my addition)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons water
- 5 teaspoons wasabi powder
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar (is using rice wine vinegar omit sugar)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil or 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- black sesame seed (optional)
- 1In a small bowl combine the water and wasabi powder. Mix until a paste forms. Set aside.
- 2In another small non-reactive bowl whisk together the vinegar and sugar until the sugar dissolves.
- 3Whisk in the mayonnaise and oil.
- 4Add the wasabi paste, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- 5Important: *Allow mixture to stand 10-15 minutes.*.
- 6In a large salad bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, scallions and cilantro if using.
- 7Just before serving the salad, add the dressing and stir well to combine.
- 8Garnish with a sprinkle of black sesame seeds, if desired.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wasabi Coleslaw
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.1
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 3.3 mg
- Sodium 120.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar