Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
One of the things I've missed the most since going gluten-free (and yeast free) is pizza. I've tried so many crust recipes and none of them are worth making a second time. I found this recipe (really just a technique) for making waffle pizzas on Glutenfreeda.com. The great thing is that I can have pizza anytime I want as long as I have waffles in the freezer. I've just listed the ingredients and no amounts as these can be made with whatever toppings you desire.
- 1 frozen gluten-free waffle (I used Van's)
- 29.58-44.37 ml pizza sauce (I use WalMart Great Value Brand)
- 6 pepperoni slices (I use Hormel Turkey Pepperoni, or other toppings of your choice)
- 29.58 ml mozzarella cheese
- Toast waffles until browned and crisp.
- Heat broiler.
- Spread a large spoonful of pizza sauce on tops of waffles.
- Top with pepperoni or other toppings of your choice.
- Cover with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil until cheese melts and brown slightly on top.
What a brilliant idea! Van's Gluten Free Waffles are one of the few GF products I absolutely adore. I've been rummaging about the internet in search of a GF Pizza Recipe and have found them 'wanting'. When I spotted yours I just knew it would be tasty -- and EASY! Thank you for submitting this. Simplicity is so delicious. (Note: GF Waffles are dense and less likely to be soggy).
We think these are a really great idea for a quick and yummy snack! We didn't use GF since we don't have the allergy. We did feel they were a bit too soggy though for our tastes so next time we would just use a light amount of sauce. My 18 month old however LOVED these! He ate his with just the sauce though lol. This has really helped us out since we are having a hard time finding non baby foods he will eat and I think he actually prefers the soggyness to an extent. We also added olives to ours!