One of the things I've missed the most since going gluten-free (and yeast free) is pizza. I've tried so many crust recipes and none of them are worth making a second time. I found this recipe (really just a technique) for making waffle pizzas on Glutenfreeda.com. The great thing is that I can have pizza anytime I want as long as I have waffles in the freezer. I've just listed the ingredients and no amounts as these can be made with whatever toppings you desire.
- 1 frozen gluten-free waffle (I used Van's)
- 2 -3 tablespoons pizza sauce (I use WalMart Great Value Brand)
- 6 pepperoni slices (I use Hormel Turkey Pepperoni, or other toppings of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese
- Toast waffles until browned and crisp.
- Heat broiler.
- Spread a large spoonful of pizza sauce on tops of waffles.
- Top with pepperoni or other toppings of your choice.
- Cover with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil until cheese melts and brown slightly on top.