Great recipe for acne prone skin. I was having constant problems maintaining a clear complexion, and over the years, started looking for some homemade solutions. I learned that if you use bar soap to wash your face with, it really is a must to rebalance your skins pH with a good toner. I came up with this very simple recipe, which has served me well (if the vinegar is too overpowering for you, feel free to reduce the amount you add). The Vinegar assists in rebalancing your skin. The Honey does an excellent job at maintaining proper moisture, and is also great for healing and correcting blemished/trouble skin (just be sure to use raw honey). The distilled Rose Water acts as a gentle astringent - and most importantly - does a pretty good job at softening/masking the vinegary scent. I never recommend using alcohol in your skin care products - if your rose water says it has alcohol in it, look elsewhere. Blemish Free and Lovin' It! Christina
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all ingredients together until honey has completely disolved.
- 2Pour into a bottle and cap (I use the glass bottle that my Rose Water comes in - then cork it with a clean wine cork).
- 3You may choose to keep this toner in the fridge for a cool refreshing feel, or leave it at room temperature.
- 4Use a cotton ball to smooth over face and neck after washing. Allow to dry/Leave on.
- 5***I recommend giving this mixture several days to 'rest' before actually using (shaking on occasion to keep sediments from forming). This will prevent a slightly 'sticky' feel on your skin from the honey. Give it a few good shakes to make sure the honey stays well blended before use.
Browse Our Top Bath/Beauty Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vinegar and Honey Facial Toner
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.8
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 23.3 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: