Recipe by kaliwags
For anyone who's a macaroni and cheese lover.
Top Review by shelbyrose
I'm always looking for meals that are "kid friendly" to make when my grandchildren visit. There are four of them and each of their tastes vary. This meal went over big time! They ALL love mac and cheese, and this was a good way to incorporate protein and veggies into the mix. (I used a 16 oz. bag of frozen brocolli, cauliflower and carrot combo, thawed) Thanks for posting, kaliwags!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 (12 ounce) package Velveeta shells and cheese dinner
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 cup sliced carrot
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray. Add chicken; cook on medium high heat 5 minute or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Add shell macaroni, milk and water and stir. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 minute Add broccoli and carrots; cover. Continue cooking 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in Velveeta cheese sauce until well blended.