Recipe by Ricky Henry-Davies
This recipe I make brings the house down! it's so delicious--try it for yourself. I don't bother with 2 sauces, just 1. Cook it all together and wait with chilled white wine and some good tunes!! (I'm from the uk so I hope the measurements are correct--forgive me if I'm wrong!)
Top Review by Shannon Cooks
Outstanding recipe! This is so easy to make. Don't worry about the measurements, Ricky, it seemed just right to me! I didn't have any broccoli around so substituted spinach instead - good stuff. I didn't cook my lasagna noodles beforehand, just layered them dry in the pan. After 30 minutes they were tender and soft. The sauce did the cooking for me! Love this sauce and the flavor, I may try tossing it into fettucine noodles sometime to create a primavera. This is wonderful and I'm glad that I tried this - at first I was a bit reluctant because it seemed that so many different distinct flavors go into this - I was afraid the blue cheese and pesto wouldn't be a good combo but WOW- every single flavor in this dish works together EXCELLENTLY. Simply fantastic. I can see why this brings the house down.
- 1 medium onion (chopped fine)
- 4 -5 minced fresh garlic cloves (more if you want)
- 185 g green pesto sauce
- 1⁄3 cup blue cheese
- 6 -8 mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 medium courgette (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 small head broccoli (chopped)
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sweet corn
- 1⁄3 cup grated cheddar cheese (for topping)
- 5 tablespoons capers
- 5 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes (chopped)
- 5 tablespoons pitted olives (chopped)
- 200 g lasagna sheets
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes.
- Add all vegetables and cook 10 minutes.
- Add tinned tomatoes and sweet corn.
- Add crumbled blue cheese, pesto, capers, olives and sun dried tomatoes.
- Mix well --that's your sauce!
- Layer in a lasagna dish -- sauce, lasagna, sauce, lasagna, sauce and finish with grated cheese. Done in the oven 180c for around 30 minutes!
- Open the wine and turn on the tunes!
- Have fun -- .