Chef #494531's Note:
Really good substitution for the old winter favorite! I found this recipe on allanimals.org and made some changes to make it lower in fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put Celery in pot with some of the vegetable broth and cook until the celery is tender.
- 2Add garlic and pepper and soy or Braggs as well as the rest of the broth.
- 3Add the Carrots and fake Chicken.
- 4Bring to a boil.
- 5Add the dumplings a Tbsp at a time until the mixture is gone.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer, stir slowly often and let cook for 20 minutes.
- 7Note: you may need to add more or less of the soymilk. You want to make a soft dough for the dumplings.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan "chicken" and Dumpling Soup
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.0
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 750.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
textured vegetable protein
Braggs liquid aminos