Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Really good substitution for the old winter favorite! I found this recipe on allanimals.org and made some changes to make it lower in fat.
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos or 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Put Celery in pot with some of the vegetable broth and cook until the celery is tender.
- Add garlic and pepper and soy or Braggs as well as the rest of the broth.
- Add the Carrots and fake Chicken.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the dumplings a Tbsp at a time until the mixture is gone.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stir slowly often and let cook for 20 minutes.
- Note: you may need to add more or less of the soymilk. You want to make a soft dough for the dumplings.