Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I've been saving this recipe from Cooking Light for years. One of these days, I'll actually make it!
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices veal scallopini
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 lb lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 lemon, halved and seeded
- 1 lb asparagus, steamed
- fresh tarragon sprig (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over veal.
- Combine veal and flour in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal bag, and shake to coat veal with flour.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add half of veal, and cook for 1 minute on each side or until browned.
- Remove veal from skillet; set aside, and keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon butter and veal.
- Wipe drippings from skillet.
- Coat skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium heat.
- Add the crabmeat, and saute for 1 minute or until warm.
- Squeeze the lemon halves over crabmeat, and stir well; remove from heat, and set aside.
- Place 3 veal slices and 1/4 of the steamed asparagus on each of 4 serving plates.
- Spoon the crabmeat evenly over veal, and top each serving with 3 tablespoons Bearnaise Sauce.
- Garnish with fresh tarragon sprigs, if desired.
- BEARNAISE SAUCE:.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a small heavy saucepan; bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute.
- Strain mixture, reserving liquid; discard solids.
- Return liquid to saucepan; stir in sour cream.
- Place over low heat, and cook 1 minute or until warm, stirring frequently.