I've been saving this recipe from Cooking Light for years. One of these days, I'll actually make it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices veal scallopini
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- cooking spray
- 1/2 lb lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 lemon, halved and seeded
- 1 lb asparagus, steamed
- fresh tarragon sprig (optional)
- 1Sprinkle salt and pepper over veal.
- 2Combine veal and flour in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal bag, and shake to coat veal with flour.
- 3Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 4Add half of veal, and cook for 1 minute on each side or until browned.
- 5Remove veal from skillet; set aside, and keep warm.
- 6Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon butter and veal.
- 7Wipe drippings from skillet.
- 8Coat skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium heat.
- 9Add the crabmeat, and saute for 1 minute or until warm.
- 10Squeeze the lemon halves over crabmeat, and stir well; remove from heat, and set aside.
- 11Place 3 veal slices and 1/4 of the steamed asparagus on each of 4 serving plates.
- 12Spoon the crabmeat evenly over veal, and top each serving with 3 tablespoons Bearnaise Sauce.
- 13Garnish with fresh tarragon sprigs, if desired.
- 14BEARNAISE SAUCE:.
- 15Combine the first 6 ingredients in a small heavy saucepan; bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute.
- 16Strain mixture, reserving liquid; discard solids.
- 17Return liquid to saucepan; stir in sour cream.
- 18Place over low heat, and cook 1 minute or until warm, stirring frequently.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veal Oscar
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.2
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 75.1 mg
- Sodium 479.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 18.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar