Recipe by Lingering_Dream
I don't remember where I got this recipe but I tweaked it a little so that I could eat it since I'm wheat/gluten intolerant. Comfort food at its best :)
Top Review by dispatchergurl
This was really good. My hubby thought it need a bit more sauce. I tweeked it to make it a bit healthier. I used ground turkey and spiced it up w/oregano, garlic and onion. I added parsley and onion powder to the "batter". It turned out great. I am going to use to the batter to make chicken pot pies. It didn't taste GF!
Pizza Crust Batter
- 2⁄3 cup rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup non-dairy milk substitute
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 whole eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 7 links sausage
- 2 (14 ounce) jars pizza sauce
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella-cheddar blend cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Cook sausage and slice into pieces.
- Mix with the spaghetti sauce and put into a 9"x13" pan.
- Top with half of the cheese.
- Pour the batter evenly over the top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until the crust is set and the top is lightly browned.