I don't remember where I got this recipe but I tweaked it a little so that I could eat it since I'm wheat/gluten intolerant. Comfort food at its best :)
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Cook sausage and slice into pieces.
- Mix with the spaghetti sauce and put into a 9"x13" pan.
- Top with half of the cheese.
- Pour the batter evenly over the top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until the crust is set and the top is lightly browned.
This was really good. My hubby thought it need a bit more sauce. I tweeked it to make it a bit healthier. I used ground turkey and spiced it up w/oregano, garlic and onion. I added parsley and onion powder to the "batter". It turned out great. I am going to use to the batter to make chicken pot pies. It didn't taste GF!
A quick and delicious meal. I used a Marinara sauce and turkey sausage. The crust came out a lot fluffier than I expected. I most definatly make this again!!
This is definitely a favorite recipe at my house that I have made over and over. I add 2T. flax seed to the crust ingredients and a generous 1/3 cup canned pumpkin to the tomato sauce. When I don't have enough shredded cheese, I have omitted it from the top of the crust and we all love it just the same. Fantastic recipe!!