Recipe by Krista Finn #2
Creamy potatoes with a kick!
Top Review by Jockey
I didn't have the chives (seems I never do) sure wish I would have but without them, this was super! They are creamy, REALLY creamy. The chicken broth you get the hint of too. These really though, give a different swing to the mash potato! Thanks for sharing. I will make again, Sally
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 5 large potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- generous dash ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat broth and potatoes into a 3 qt saucepan over medium high heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Mash potatoes with a 1/4 cup of broth, cream, butter and pepper. Add additional broth if necessary, until desired consistency.
- Stir 1/2 cup sour cream, the crumbled bacon, and fresh chives into hot mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with bacon pieces if desired.