1/2 Photos of Ultimate Chocolate Cream Pie
This recipe comes from my aunt and it is the smoothest, creamiest, yummiest chocolate cream pie you will ever eat! The recipe can be adapted to make other cream pies, such as banana and coconut.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In top of double-boiler mix sugar, flour and salt.
- 2Whisk in 1 cup of the milk until smooth.
- 3Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring briskly.
- 4Continue to stir and let boil until smoothly thickened (about 2 minutes).
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6With fork, beat eggs with remaining 1 cup of milk.
- 7Gradually stir into hot mixture.
- 8Return to heat and bring to a boil.
- 9Stir and boil until mixture thickens (about 1 minute).
- 10Remove from heat and stir in margarine and vanilla.
- 11Add 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and stir until melted.
- 12Spoon into prepared pie crust and cool.
- 13Serve with real whipped cream.
- 14For banana cream pie, omit chocolate chips, and slice 2 or 3 bananas into bottom of prepared pie crust and top with the pudding.
- 15For coconut cream pie, omit chocolate chips, and stir in 1/2 cup of coconut.
- 16I've never tried this, but it's on my list of things to do: stir in 1/2 cup of peanut butter (or peanut butter chips, I guess) for peanut butter cream pie (omitting the chocolate chips).
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate Chocolate Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.1
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 73.3 mg
- Sodium 347.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 32.8 g
- Protein 8.0 g