Recipe by Mary Jenny
These portable mini pies are a breeze to make with shredded, cooked turkey (great for leftovers), tart apples and a bite of cheddar. Perfect for a lunch pack or a healthy on–the–go option when rushing to a weeknight game.
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 1 tart apple, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 7 1⁄2 cm frozen tart shells, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, combine turkey, apple, cheddar, green onion and parsley.
- Divide the mixture over four of the tart shells. Brush edges of tarts with egg and top with remaining shells. Brush with egg and sprinkle each with coarse salt. Using the tip of a sharp knife, make a few ventilation slits in the top of each pie.
- Bake at 400°F (200°C) until pastry is golden and filling is hot and bubbling, about 35 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.