Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I've made this many times and it always comes out perfectly rich and delicious. Garnish it with some slices of banana and a drizzle of chocolate sauce...whipped cream isn't bad on it either!
- 59.14 ml evaporated milk
- 59.14 ml fresh lemon juice
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 1 ripe banana, mashed (about 1/2 cup)
- 118.29 ml canned crushed pineapple, drained, reserving 2 T. of the juice
- 236.59 ml whole milk
- In a large bowl, combine the evaporated milk, lemon juice, sugar, cream, banana, pineapple with reserved juice an the while milk.
- Freeze the mizture in an ince-cream freezer according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Makes about 1 quart.
I'm a BIG Pina Colada fan, so I thought I'd give this recipe a try. Man is it tastey! I subbed the 1 cup of whole milk with 1 cup of Unsweetened Coconut Milk, and added a 1/4 cup of shredded sweetened coconut at the end, with some chopped walnuts. Mmmmm Good!!! Thanks!
Geema, this was the first time I ever made ice-cream. It was so easy, I can't believe it. I will never buy store bought again. The ice cream was rich and creamy. The flavour was superb. Subtle with hints of banana and pineapple. I will be making this again soon. Thanks so much for sharing.