Recipe by Rick Bayless
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Measure the flour and fat into the bowl of a food processor.
- 2Pulse and then run the processor until the fat is thoroughly incorporated and no visible particles of fat remain.
- 3Dissolve the salt in 2/3 cup warm water.
- 4With the machine running, pour the liquid through the feed tube in a steady stream.
- 5Continue running until the dough forms a ball.
- 6If the dough is too stiff, you can add another tablespoon of water and process again.
- 7Divide the dough into 12 portions and roll each into a ball.
- 8Let rest on a plate covered with plastic for at least 30 minutes.
- 9Heat an ungreased griddle or heavy skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- 10On a lightly floured surface, roll out a portion of the dough into an even 7-inch circle or use a tortilla press.
- 11Lay the tortilla on the hot griddle.
- 12After 30 to 45 seconds, when there are browned splotches underneath, flip it over.
- 13bake 30 to 45 seconds more, until the other side is browned; don't overbake the tortillas or it will become crisp.
- 14Remove and wrap in heavy towel.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortillas de Harina
Serving Size: 1 (587 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.6
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 146.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.9 g