The only cooking done here is the pasta. Pasta salads are usually loaded with fat. This is a "heart healthy" low cal pasta salad. This is a good summer pasta salad for a barbeque or a picnic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk (or 2% milk)
- 1 lb fusilli, or other stout pasta
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 3 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped (or other herb of your choice)
- 1Completely puree tomato in a food processor.
- 2Add sugar, garlic, mayo, salt, pepper& buttermilk.
- 3Process until smooth.
- 4Boil pasta until al dente.
- 5Drain and rinse under cold water.
- 6Combine pasta with dressing in large bowl.
- 7Top with diced tomato and basil.
- 8Let sit in fridge for 30 minutes at least.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.7
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 4.7 mg
- Sodium 266.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 9.6 g