Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Looking for new life for your leftover turkey? Here it is! I believe I found this in Good Housekeeping.
- 3⁄4 lb leftover turkey meat, coarsely shredded
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, very thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
- In a small bowl mix garlic, soy sauce, cilantro, honey, curry powder, sesame oil, cornstarch, crushed red pepper,and water until well blended.
- In a 10 inch skillet over high heat, warm the salad oil.
- Cook the green onions and red pepper, stirring frequently until the vegetables are tender and golden.
- Stir in liquid mixture and turkey meat and cook, stirring to coat turkey well, until heated through.
- Serve over cooked rice and garnish with more cilantro if you wish.
I am so glad to have found this recipe!!! I have tired of turkey/chicken leftover recipes which use creams soups (which I refuse to use) or cream sauce. This was VERY tasty...a wonderful combination of flavours. I doubled the sauce ingredients, except the honey as I am tyring to cut back on sugars..and it was great. A very simple yet quick recipe... preparation and cooking time was only about 20 minutes . I have already been asked to make it again.
Absolutely FANTASTIC! My house is getting very tired of the creamy turkey divan/casseroles made from the leftovers, as well as watching our waistlines. This dish is flavourful and a great alternative for leftover turkey or chicken. I made sure to double the sauce recipe.
Outstanding recipe, we loved it! I didn't make any changes in your recipe. I used medium-hot New Mexico caribe (red pepper flakes) and it was perfect for us. I also used smoked turkey that was in my freezer, both dark and white meat. I will definately be using this recipe again. Thanks for posting it.