Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Just like the mix made by tastefully simple, except its not $5 a loaf.
- 12 ounces beer (not light or Corona)
- 3 cups self rising flour (per cup of flour called for by your recipe, add 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, and 1/2 tsp salt to make se)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with Baker’s cooking spray.
- Combine flour and sugar; stir in beer (you might have to use your hands to get it mixed thoroughly). Dough will be sticky.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan; brush top with melted butter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Cool slightly; remove from pan and finish cooling.
Very simple. My family loves this recipe and we have spent our share on the TS mixes! Has a denser texture than the name brand, so I tried again and sifted the flour and sugar before adding the beer. That did it. Made it much lighter and is dead ringer for the origonal! Great recipe! Have made it numerous times at least a dozen. Dont miss out on this one!
Had this at a TS party about a year ago. I was appalled at the price and set out to find the recipe, so I could make it myself, without the pricey mix. This tastes great, goes together easily and is MUCH cheaper than the TS mix. Thanks for sharing, doviann.
I made this today and it tasted exactly like the TS version!!! I was so surprised and happy!