1/2 Photos of Tanzanian Pineapple Salad
1 hr 15 mins
From: “The Africa Kitchen” by Josie Stow and Jan Baldwin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the pineapples and cut the flesh into cubes.
- 2In a dry frying pan, toast separately the cashews and coconut until lightly browned, then set aside to cool.
- 3Mix together the cream, honey and rum to taste and pour this mixture over the pineapple cubes.
- 4Reserve some of the toasted cashews and coconut to use a garnish, then add the remainder to the pineapple.
- 5Mix well and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- 6Before serving, garnish with the reserved cashews and coconut slivers.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tanzanian Pineapple Salad
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.8
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 33.1 mg
- Sodium 87.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 3.7 g