Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe came from my mom. It was a favorite of my family growing up, and my husband loves it. The whole thing is gone in a day! Can be frozen.
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Combine eggs and milk in medium bowl.
- Stir in bread crumbs, onion, parsley, salt, sage and pepper.
- Add ground beef.
- Mix with hands.
- Place in loaf pan.
- Shape into mold. (freeze now if using for once a month cooking).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Mix ketchup, brown sugar, and dry mustard.
- Glaze meatloaf with ketchup mixture.
- Cook 10 minutes longer.
I recognize this recipe as my favorite meatloaf recipe from BH&G. I think it's the best meatloaf ever! The sage adds such a nice subtle flavor. Sometimes I substitute yellow mustard for the dry mustard which gives it a nice twist.