Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Line up your ziploc sandwich bags on the counter..fill and zip! Do an assembly line: put onion in each bag....then the salt...then chili powder....and so on. Ingredients are listed on a single bag basis.
- 1 teaspoon minced dried onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- Put all of the above ingredients in a ziploc bag.
- To use, add 1 cup water and 1 packet mix to a pound of ground hamburger.
- Simmer until thickened.
- Makes taco meat or enchilada meat.
Loved it! Not a big salt person, so I halved it. Glad I did, because it still seemed a little salty for my tastes. Good-bye packets!
Perfect - thanks for posting this!
This is just what I needed!! I hate those little packets of chemicals. :) I used less red pepper flakes and doubled the oregano. Perfect for our tacos last night. Next time I'll make a huge batch to have on hand. Thanks for sharing! :)