Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great for chilli or pasta meals.
- 1 small French bread or 1 small day old sandwich bread
- 1⁄2 cup soft margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut bread into 1" thick slices.
- Mix together, garlic, butter and parsley.
- Spread on bread, on both sides.
- Place in cookie sheets, and broil until toasted.
- Variation: Put some shredded mozzarella cheese.
TERRIFIC TOAST! I topped it with mixture of shredded and parmesan cheeses. Hubby was impressed.
This was excellent! I used a 3 cheese semolina loaf from the italian bakery in town and it came out sooo yummy, I served it with a shrimp and scollop casserole.
Excellent toast, I also sprinkled some parmesan cheese over the tops. Very good, will make again.