Recipe by andypandy
this is fast and easy..I use this or my special cheesecake pastry recipe with most of my cheesecakes.
Top Review by Gerry
Yes fast easy and sooo good. This is one I will be using for a good many of my cheesecakes. Used this for recipe#84877 and it was wonderful! Thank you for posting this delicious alternate, an excellent base for great tasting desserts.
- 1 3⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 whole egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour and powdered sugar together.
- Add cold butter pieces and make coarse crumbs.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl with the vanilla.
- Stir mixture into the dry until a dough forms.
- Wrap and chill at least one hour.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface.
- Place into proper 9 inch spring form pan.
- Always prick, and then chill again.
- Fill with your cheesecake filling, and bake according to your recipe.
- This can also be made in your food processor.
- Keeps in the fridge for at least four days, or freezer up to 2 months.