Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
this is fast and easy..I use this or my special cheesecake pastry recipe with most of my cheesecakes.
- 1 3⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 whole egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sift flour and powdered sugar together.
- Add cold butter pieces and make coarse crumbs.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl with the vanilla.
- Stir mixture into the dry until a dough forms.
- Wrap and chill at least one hour.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface.
- Place into proper 9 inch spring form pan.
- Always prick, and then chill again.
- Fill with your cheesecake filling, and bake according to your recipe.
- This can also be made in your food processor.
- Keeps in the fridge for at least four days, or freezer up to 2 months.
Yes fast easy and sooo good. This is one I will be using for a good many of my cheesecakes. Used this for Regal Cheesecake and it was wonderful! Thank you for posting this delicious alternate, an excellent base for great tasting desserts.
This is a wonderful recipe. I used it with the Irish Cream Cheesecake and it was perfect. Thanks.
Wonderful recipe - I used it with the Heavenly Lemon Cheescake and it turned out fabulous! If you use the food processor, it only takes 2 minutes to make!