Recipe by * Pamela *
I adopted this recipe from the Recipezaar account as I am always on the look out for quick and easy recipes. This is the original introduction: "I came up with this version after seeing so many that were time consuming! These are very easy and in my (and my hubby's) opinion, just as good! Hope you like them too!" (Thanks cbw)
Top Review by beckihrh
I made these just like the directions less the egg wash. It made them too slimy. I used buttermilk refrigerator biscuits with jelly and lemon curd fillings. My result were just OK They still tasted like fried biscuits. They do not last. Must eat hot! The next morning they became a big soggy mess. These are ok for kids, but the adults in my house were not WOWED. I do think these would be good for camping! I'm sorry.
- 20 refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (2 cans)
- 1⁄2 cup jelly
- 1 egg
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil.
- Flatten biscuits (I usually just flatten in the palm of my hand, but this causes them to be a little doughy in the center, to prevent that, flatten until the dough is almost see through).
- Place spoonful of jelly (I usually use about 2 teaspoons) on to 10 flattened biscuits.
- Brush egg whites around the outside of jellied biscuits.
- Place the rest of the flattened biscuits on top and press around the edges to secure.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.