Recipe by Khadija #2
Lowfat,wholegrain and sweetened with splenda...tastes like chocolate cake from a mix and its all thrown together in just one bowl! So good you wont want frosting plus toddler approved!
Top Review by Jainene
I used the canned pumpkin option, substituted plain yogurt and a little lemon juice for the buttermilk, used a gluten-free flour blend, and sweetened with agave syrup and stevia instead of splenda. It still came out quite tasty and delicious! It's definitely a keeper in my recipe book.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons applesauce or 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Place liners in 12 muffin cups.
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl. Beat at high speed 1 minute. Pour into lined muffin cups about 2/3 full. Bake aprox 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- I have trippled this recipe and had great results. They store well in airtight container and freeze well too.