Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Made this for our Gourmet Club. So different, easy and delicious.
- 1 lb asparagus spear
- 1⁄2 cup poppy seed dressing
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 8 cups torn spinach or 8 cups lettuce
- 2 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- Cut tops of asparagus into 1-inch pieces.
- Microwave in 2 tbs water for 5-7 minutes on high.
- Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Combine dressing, orange peel & juice.
- Toss with greens, asparagus and strawberries.
- Top with pecans.
This was very good. I was worried my children wouldn't like it but they did. I took it to a church potluck and three people asked me for the recipe.