Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is my own marinade...the type or brand of hot sauce will have to be your own choice. I like to use the slow roasting method for these and uncover the ribs the last half hour of cooking. Marinating time not included.
- 3 lbs baby back ribs
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade.
- Brush the ribs with the marinade, be generous but reserve about half a cup or so.
- Wrap the ribs in pieces of foil, brushed or sprayed with oil.
- Put in the fridge and leave overnight.
- When ready to cook preheat oven to 300°F.
- Put the packets on a tray lined with foil and bake for two hours, then open up the packets and brush with the rest of the sauce, bake for another half hour, if you want finish them under the grill.
I used this recipe for the first time in 2006 when I was living in Riga, Latvia for a year. I had a Christmas party for my Latvian colleagues, who had never had barbecue ribs. These were the hit of the evening. I go back to this recipe time after time, and it always gets the highest of praise. I wouldn't change a thing. Absolutely perfect. Thank you for posting it!
Very nice!! I was worried about it being too hot (my guys don't do hot at all!), so i did 1/2 chili sauce and half hot pepper sauce. It was flavorful but mild. I'll use more pepper sauce next time. I didn't think I'd like the sauce after tasting it when first mixed, but was pleasantly surprized. I really liked it too!!