Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This centerpiece is a creative way to add flowers to your Thanksgiving spread. Not only are the sparkling pumpkins beautiful, but they are fall appropriate as well.
- 6 tiny pumpkins
- 6 milk, cartons (empty and dry) or 6 plastic bottles (empty and dry)
- 4 cups glitter
- 1 (32 fluid ounce) bottle glue (Modge Podge)
- 2 bouquets fresh edible flowers, trimmed to the correct length
- Cut off the top of the pumpkins, remove the insides, and dry out each Pumpkin thoroughly using a paper towel.
- Cut off the base of each plastic carton 3 inches from the bottom (or small enough so that the base of the carton will invisibly fit into the pumpkin).
- Cover the outside of the pumpkin with Modge Podge using a paint brush.
- Place glitter in a bowl and roll the pumpkin around in the glitter until it is sufficiently covered in sparkle.
- When the pumpkins are dry, place a bundle of cropped flowers in the middle of each one.
- Stagger in the center of your table, or down the center of a wooden tray.
These turned out so cute! I usually just put small pumpkins on my table for fall, but I'm glad I made these. My local grocer had some small pumpkins that were just the size for a baby food jar. I added some floral foam to the jar to help with arranging the flowers.