Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy and tasty with noodles or mashed potatoes. I received this recipe about 40 yrs. ago from my neighbor and we made 1500 meatballs for a bazaar and they went over very well.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄4 ounces dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 soup can milk or 1 water
- Mix all ingredients well and roll into size meatball of your choice. Brown in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Mix cream of chicken soup with your choice of milk or water. Place meatballs in casserole dish and pour soup mixture over. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
This recipe was so easy to make & very tasty! I used half & half instead of milk bc I had some I wanted to use up before it expired. It made about 14 good size meatballs. I also sub'd oatmeal for breadcrumbs. I will do again. Thanks for sharing!
I followed the recipe... accept I used Matza meal instead of bread crumbs, 2 cans mushroom soup and uncovered them and sprinkled shredded cheddar cheese on them 20 minutes into baking. Then let the cook another15 minutes. I served them over Egg noodles. They came out absolutely tasty!
These were excellent! I mixed the first 5 ingredients together than proceeded as directed using milk. Served with rice and green beans.