An easy hamburger steak recipe, smothered in brown gravy. Good comfort food!
Make and share this Smothered Hamburger Steak recipe from Food.com.
- Dice onion and add to the ground beef. (If using onion soup mix, blend well in ground beef.).
- Mix and form into patties.
- Fry the patties in skillet on medium heat until cooked to your liking.
- I usually fry until they are medium-well to well done.
- While patties are cooking, mix 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1/2 to 1 cup water or milk, and brown gravy packet/mix in a bowl, stirring well.
- After patties are browned and ready, add the soup mixture to the skillet. Reduce heat to simmer; spread the mixture over the patties and turn them once or twice as the mixture warms.
- Stir mixture occasionally.
- Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until gravy is good and hot.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, your choice of veggies, a good salad, hot rolls or bread, and a cold glass of iced tea.
- Of course, this recipe can be doubled. Serving size depends on how hungry your family or company is! ;).
- Kind of a "blue-plate" special!