1/6 Photos of Smothered Hamburger Steak
An easy hamburger steak recipe, smothered in brown gravy. Good comfort food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dice onion and add to the ground beef. (If using onion soup mix, blend well in ground beef.).
- 2Mix and form into patties.
- 3Fry the patties in skillet on medium heat until cooked to your liking.
- 4I usually fry until they are medium-well to well done.
- 5While patties are cooking, mix 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1/2 to 1 cup water or milk, and brown gravy packet/mix in a bowl, stirring well.
- 6After patties are browned and ready, add the soup mixture to the skillet. Reduce heat to simmer; spread the mixture over the patties and turn them once or twice as the mixture warms.
- 7Stir mixture occasionally.
- 8Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until gravy is good and hot.
- 9Serve with mashed potatoes, your choice of veggies, a good salad, hot rolls or bread, and a cold glass of iced tea.
- 10Of course, this recipe can be doubled. Serving size depends on how hungry your family or company is! ;).
- 11Kind of a "blue-plate" special!
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smothered Hamburger Steak
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.4
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 1486.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 3.3 g