Prep 15 mins
Cook 38 mins
A Recipe My Sister In Law From KY Gave Me This Recipe.I am from Southern Indiana!Sounds like a KEEPER!
- 1 lb smoked sausage
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen hash browns, southern style,thawed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut 1/2 pound sausage into 1 in.
- Cut remaining sausage into thirds.
- Slice partially through.
- Researve for Garnish.
- Melt butter in skillet,saute onion 3 minutes or until tender.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sausage, hashbrowns, and onion.
- Mix Well.
- Add remaining ingredients except 1/2 cup grated cheese.
- Spoon into 11 x 7 x 2 baking dish.
- Top with sausage thirds.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese around border.
- Bake in a preheted oven 350 degrees For 30 to 35 minutes.
My kids loved this. I was quick to throw together. It's a keeper.