Recipe by Jane from Ohio
This recipe came from my grandmother to my mother and me. I always had a hard time finding the finely ground poppy seed that looks black. The stores here have poppy seed but it is not finely ground and it is grey in color. I even tried to re grind it in the food processor to no avail. I decided to try the Solo brand poppy seed. It worked out wonderful and I didn't have to cook it. I also use the frozen rolls instead of baking the braided bread. It tastes the same
- 12 Rhodes frozen rolls (French Crusty Rolls)
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 (12 ounce) canssolo poppy seed filling
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake the rolls the night before and put aside.
- Cut each roll in half and then each half in thirds.
- Place the cut rolls in a colander and pout the boiling water over the rolls.
- boil the three cups of milk.
- add the honey, according to taste
- Stir well about 1 to 2 minutes.
- pour over the poppy seed and mix.
- Add to the Bobalky.
- Mix well.