1/3 Photos of Slovak Christmas Eve Bobalky
Jane from Ohio's Note:
This recipe came from my grandmother to my mother and me. I always had a hard time finding the finely ground poppy seed that looks black. The stores here have poppy seed but it is not finely ground and it is grey in color. I even tried to re grind it in the food processor to no avail. I decided to try the Solo brand poppy seed. It worked out wonderful and I didn't have to cook it. I also use the frozen rolls instead of baking the braided bread. It tastes the same
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bake the rolls the night before and put aside.
- 2Cut each roll in half and then each half in thirds.
- 3Place the cut rolls in a colander and pout the boiling water over the rolls.
- 4boil the three cups of milk.
- 5add the honey, according to taste
- 6Stir well about 1 to 2 minutes.
- 7pour over the poppy seed and mix.
- 8Add to the Bobalky.
- 9Mix well.
Browse Our Top Czech Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slovak Christmas Eve Bobalky
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.7
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 12.8 mg
- Sodium 50.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 52.2 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Rhodes frozen rolls