Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are chewy dense and incredibly fudgy! Cut into small portions. Yield is only estimated depending on what size you cut the bars.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups skor toffee pieces (use the Skor bits sold in packages, not the bars, or can use English toffee bits)
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1 cup whole almond (toasted then coarsley chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees (second-lowest position).
- Line a 9 x 9-inch metal pan with foil (leaving an overhang of foil) butter or spray the foil with a non stick cooking spray.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan combine 1 cup chocolate chips, butter and 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate; stir over low heat until chocolates melt and the mixture is smooth; remove from heat and whisk in vanilla.
- Whisk in sugar then eggs and then flour.
- Add/mix in 1 cup toffee bits.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake bars for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick or metal tester comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- Cool bars for 15 minutes (using a knife or metal spatula press down sides of edges to level top if needed).
- In a small saucepan bring the whipping cream to a simmer; add in remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, whisk until smooth.
- Pour the topping over the bars in the pan.
- Sprinkle with chopped toasted almonds and about 1/2 cup Skor toffee bits.
- Chill bars until cold (about 2 hours).
- Using the foil overhangs, lift the bars from the pan, fold down the foil sides, and cut into small squares.