Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Gnocchi are delicious and easy to make from mashed potatoes, I love the gnocchi with a simple herbed brown butter, but they are equally delicious with a great tomato sauce.
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 fresh sage leaves, cut into chiffonade
- Mix the egg and the Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes in a large bowl. Slowly add in the flour, mixing until a soft dough forms. If the dough is too sticky to handle, add another spoon or two of flour.
- Divide the dough into four pieces and roll each out into a long strand about ½ inch in diameter. Cut each strand into 1 – 1 ¼ inch pieces. Gently press down on each little dumpling with the times of a fork to create ridges.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a gentle boil and cook the gnocchi in two or three batches, scooping them out to a colander as they rise to the top after one or two minutes. Reserve a few spoons of the cooking water.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat and cook until the butter starts to brown, about 2 minutes. Add the sage and a few tablespoons of the gnocchi cooking water. Add the gnocchi and toss in the butter sauce for a minute. Serve and enjoy! Pass some fresh parmesan at the table if desired.