Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a Great recipe for Vegetarians and Non-Vegetarians a like. These Potstickers has such a full flavor that you won't know that your eating tofu. great for parties, main dishes, or appetizers. This pot sticker recipe is a great one to show off to your friends. ENJOY form Chef Travis W Holland
- 1⁄3 cup green cabbage, Thinly Sliced (Organic)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb firm tofu, finely crumbled (Organic)
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced (Organic)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 5 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, Shredded (Organic)
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped (Organic)
- 2 cups water, filtered
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 12 -18 wonton wrappers (depending on Package size)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil, for cooking the potstickers
- Note: If the Wonton Wrappers are a large size (5x5 inch) then cut into 4 equal squares. For Cornstarch water add 1 cup water to 1/2 tablespoon Cornstarch.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, cabbage, vinegar, carrots, ginger and a pinch of Salt and Pepper and cook, stirring, until cabbage is soft, about 3 to 4 minutes more. Add the Tamari and the other 2 Tablespoons of Toasted Sesame Oil Mixture together with the Crumbled Tofu, making sure it is completely mixed together. Add The Tofu to the Cabbage Mix in the Pan and cook for another 3-4 min on Med. High. Then toss it altogether in a bowl with cilantro and allow it to cool (Mix Well).
- To make the potstickers lay a wonton wrapper flat and put about 1 teaspoon of the filling in the center. Dip your finger in the Cornstarch water and wet the edges of the wonton wrapper; this will help the potstickers seal when cooking. Bring the outside edges of the wonton wrapper together at a point in the middle over the filling and pinch it together to form a pouch. Continue with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- To cook the potstickers, heat the sunflower oil in a large Non-Stick skillet over high heat. Place all of the potstickers upright in the pan and cook, without disturbing them, until browned on the bottom, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water to the pan and immediately cover. Be careful it might splatter. Allow the potstickers to steam for about 3 minutes, and then remove the skillet lid. Continue cooking until the water is completely evaporated.
- By: Chef Travis W. Holland.