Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
My Pop is a great cook and I'm not talking hot dogs and beans! Here is one of his "typical" dinners! Mom, you're a lucky woman!
- 1 lb linguine
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb medium shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1 lb bay scallop
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, rind of, cut into very thin strips
- crushed red pepper flakes
- In large skillet, add olive oil and butter; heat until butter melted.
- Add garlic and sautee until tender.
- Add seafood and cook until shrimp is pink, about 10 minutes.
- Add clam juice; pinch of salt and red pepper to taste; cook for 3 minutes more.
- In large bowl, place cooked, drained pasta; add sundried tomatoes, parsley and lemon peel; toss throughly.
- Pour seafood mixture on top and toss once again.
- Serve immediately.
A very rich, yummy lunch. I was a bit surprised by the liquidity of the dish at the end (my noodles were swimming in the butter/oil/juice blend). I thought the lemon was perfect, giving it a nice fresh zip without being overpowering. I also thought the amount of garlic was perfect. I could not really taste the sundried tomatoes or parsley in the dish, even though I followed the recipe exactly. These might need to be increased for future reviewers. Thanks for posting.
Very godd, very clean and light tasting. Followed the directions almost to a T. I added a little more butter and tossed in fresh sundried, home sundried tomatoes at the end with the noodles. It definately made it shine! Thanks again.
Oh this is yummy!!!!! No heavy cream sauce, like other recipes. I did do a couple of things different, I only used a half bottle of clam juice and the zest of a whole lemon rather than the rind. The cook time can be cut back a bit, the shrimp was almost over cooked. This a keeper!!!