Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! "Hidden Valley Contest Entry" This recipe is a different and fun twist on your usual pizza recipe - as it is made with pizza ingredients but in a cinnamon roll style. The ranch dressing, yogurt and cream cheese "white sauce" is a delicious compliment to all the other pizza ingredients. I guess that my fondness for cinnamon rolls is what gave me the inspiration for this recipe. I also find it is a great recipe to have on hand for gatherings with family and friends! With individual servings, it is a guest friendly recipe!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light Dressing (dressing)
- 1⁄4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 lb ground mild Italian sausage
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 fresh lemon
- 1 3⁄4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 375ºF. Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of oven. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper cut to fit.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ranch dressing, yogurt and cream cheese until well blended and smooth.
- In a large sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat. Add sausage; cook until no longer pink, crumbling it with a fork into small pieces as it cooks. Using a large slotted spoon, transfer sausage from pan to a paper towel lined plate.
- To the same pan used to cook sausage, over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, the onions and the garlic. Cook onion and garlic, stirring often, until onions are soft and golden in color. Remove pan from heat; set aside.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out and stretch dough to a 20 x 15-inch rectangle. Spread ranch dressing mixture over surface of dough up to 1/2-inch from the edges; arrange sausage and onions over the the spread surface. Sprinkle with the chopped spinach. Squeeze the juice from the lemon half over the spinach leaves; sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese, red pepper flakes and about 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese. Roll up the dough, starting from the long side of the rectangle, pinching the seam together to seal. Slice the rolled dough into 2" sections and place slices, cut sides down, about 2-inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets. Spread top of the slices slightly so that filling shows. Lightly brush tops and sides of slices with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, rotating the baking sheets between racks halfway through baking time, or until crusts are golden brown. Serve warm.