1/1 Photo of Salmon Wrapped in Pastry With Rice
1 hr 30 mins
Hal Taylor's Note:
An Irish recipe that is just too good not to share. It comes from an old book, "The Best of Ireland". This is made with chunks of salmon with eggs, mushrooms and rice in a flaky pastry and it so tasty! Serve with hollandaise sauce and some steamed vegetables. It looks a lot harder than it is.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degreesC.
- 2Place the salmon into a saucepan with just enough water to cover it.
- 3Poach gently for 10 minutes, until just cooked.
- 4Drain and leave to cool.
- 5Roughly chop the mushrooms and finely slice the green onions.
- 6Melt the butter and cook the mushrooms and onions for 2 to 3 minutes and remove them to a bowl.
- 7Flake the salmon and add to the bowl.
- 8Chop the hard boiled eggs and add to the bowl, together with the rice.
- 9Stir in the lemon juice and season well with salt and pepper.
- 10Roll out the thawed pastry to a rectangle about 12 x 14.
- 11Brush the edges with beaten egg.
- 12Spoon the salmon/rice filling into the center.
- 13Join the edges and seal the ends and sides with beaten egg.
- 14Score the top with a knife and brush with the remaining egg.
- 15Bake for 30 minutes, until golden.
- 16Serve hot or leave to cool completely and serve cold.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Wrapped in Pastry With Rice
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1109.2
- Calories from Fat 574
- Total Fat 63.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.4 g
- Cholesterol 222.3 mg
- Sodium 530.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 40.9 g