Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is a variant of a spanish soup recipe of my mother based on tomatoes, shrimps and bread. In this case I have used fish and avoid the use of bread to make it lighter. Pollock has been used but other fish such as cod, monkfish, or similar can also be used. Parsley can be substituted with coriander leaves, getting a stronger taste.
- - Add the olive oil in a sauce pan and fry on low heat the onion, garlic and celery.
- - When the onion becomes golden, add the tomatoes and the glass of white wine, and cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- - Add the bay leaf, stock and saffron, bring to boil, reduce the heat, cover with the lid and simmer during 25 minutes.
- - Cut the pollock in pieces of approximately 2 cm, peel the scampi leaving the tail and making a shallow cut along the back. Add the pollock and the scampis to the soup and cook for 5 minutes.
- - Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- - Serve with parsley on top.