2 hrs 30 mins
Hitesh Kumar's Note:
Touch of Asia, Family enjoyed with roasted Wedges and Coleslaw...Thumbs Up...
My Private Note
lamb sh ...
Units: US | Metric
- 150 ml red wine
- 50 ml fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chill & garlic paste
- 3 tablespoons cajun spices
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to your liking)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (grounded)
- 2 garlic cloves (lightly crush in mortar)
- 1 inch ginger (lightly crush in mortar)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1Wash Lamb shanks in cold water for 10 minutes Then clean meat to your liking.
- 2Drain and let of excess water. If need be, pat dry with paper towel.
- 3Make 3 to 4 deep inserts on each lamb shank with pairing knife.
- 4Put garlic slices into inserts of lamb shanks. Do this to all lamb shanks.
- 5Marinade: Mix all ingredients as per marinade in large mixing bowl.
- 6Coat each lamb shank in marinade and put aside in a marinating pan. Once all lambshank is marinated, pour rest or marinade over the lamb shank and cover. Let it marinate in fridge for at least 2 hours (I did it over night).
- 8Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- 9Place Lamb shank in Roasting pan with roasting rack. Pour all marinade over the meat. Cover well with Aluminum Foil.
- 10Place into oven and roast for 1.45 to 2.00 hours.
- 11Take out from oven. Remove aluminum foil and put lamb shank back into oven for 10 - 12 minutes.
- 12Switch oven OFF. Keep door ajar and let lamb shank stand for at least 15 minutes.
- 13You Roast is ready to be served.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Oriental Lamb Shank
Serving Size: 1 (607 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1267.3
- Calories from Fat 603
- Total Fat 67.1 g
- Saturated Fat 27.4 g
- Cholesterol 484.2 mg
- Sodium 1767.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 143.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: