Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Touch of Asia, Family enjoyed with roasted Wedges and Coleslaw...Thumbs Up...
- 8 lamb shanks (250/300 grams ea)
- 6 -8 garlic cloves (sliced into half)
- 150 ml red wine
- 50 ml fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chill & garlic paste
- 3 tablespoons cajun spices
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to your liking)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (grounded)
- 2 garlic cloves (lightly crush in mortar)
- 1 inch ginger (lightly crush in mortar)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Wash Lamb shanks in cold water for 10 minutes Then clean meat to your liking.
- Drain and let of excess water. If need be, pat dry with paper towel.
- Make 3 to 4 deep inserts on each lamb shank with pairing knife.
- Put garlic slices into inserts of lamb shanks. Do this to all lamb shanks.
- Marinade: Mix all ingredients as per marinade in large mixing bowl.
- Coat each lamb shank in marinade and put aside in a marinating pan. Once all lambshank is marinated, pour rest or marinade over the lamb shank and cover. Let it marinate in fridge for at least 2 hours (I did it over night).
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place Lamb shank in Roasting pan with roasting rack. Pour all marinade over the meat. Cover well with Aluminum Foil.
- Place into oven and roast for 1.45 to 2.00 hours.
- Take out from oven. Remove aluminum foil and put lamb shank back into oven for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Switch oven OFF. Keep door ajar and let lamb shank stand for at least 15 minutes.
- You Roast is ready to be served.