Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
These are very rich--a chocoholic's dream! Nice served with ice cream or a fudge sauce!
Top Review by Karen=^..^=
Oh my, these were FABULOUS! I only had a taste, because they are a little too indulgent for me, but I made them for my 4 children and they went wild over them! They had them with Neopolitan ice cream with chocolate sprinkles on top. I got 8 waffles out of the batch (using a Salton Belgian Waffle Maker) and they took exactly 3 minutes to cook to perfection. Thanks for this easy, tasty recipe! P.S. I didn't have unsweetened chocolate, so I used 6 tbl baking cocoa and 2 tbl of vegetable oil in exchange as directed on the back of my cocoa package. I just added the cocoa to the dry ingredients and the oil to the shortening, sugar and eggs.
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 295.73 ml sifted cake flour
- 2 well beaten eggs
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 56.69 g unsweetened chocolate
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml milk
- 118.29 ml chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat shortening until creamy and fluffy.
- Slowly adding in sugar, continue creaming shortening with sugar.
- When light, add in melted chocolate, then eggs.
- Blend well.
- Sift dry ingredients together, add alternately with milk with the vanilla added.
- Add in the nuts and blend well.
- Bake batter in a waffle iron.