Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My grandma has been making this (and now all the women in the family as well) for years and years as long as I can remember. I checked the other recipes similar to this on the site and I guess compared to those, this one is much more simple and a fewer ingredients than the others but in my opinion, this is a great salad!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) box chicken rice-a-roni
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, chopped & drained to a cup (reserve 1 tablespoon artichoke heart juice)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Cook rice roni according to directions on the box, put in refrigerator and let cool completely (I do overnight).
- In a bowl mix mayo, artichoke hearts, juice and curry powder.
- Mix with the rice, refrigerate to cool again (about an hour).
I like this! I did use miracle whip instead of mayonnaise(a personal preference) gives it a little tang, and after chilling I sliced stuffed green olives on top. It is creamy. Thanks for posting!
One of choices for PAC 2008. This is very different. The Rice A Roni is creamy and it makes a nice rich creamy salad. The curry definately adds a little zing to the dish. I'm not sure if DH will like, but if not I will eat for my lunch :)