Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is an old recipe from my mom, who cannot remember where she got it from...But it is a favorite of my daughters and I am posting this for safe keeping as I am making up some recipe books with my kids favorites in it to give them....UPDATE: I made this in my crockpot and it turns out great...just dust pieces of meat with flour and turn on low for 8-10 hours..serve with mashed potatoes...
- 1 round steak, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 (15 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced up
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce (I use A-1)
- Heat up oil in dutch oven or a big pan. Dip steak pieces in flour that has been seasoned with salt and pepper. Brown meat.
- Add all of the rest ingredients and bring to boil. Turn down and simmer for a 2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender. Cover if it gets too thick. Serve over hot mashed potatoes.
- Leftovers freeze well.
one of my favorite recipes. Making today!
This recipe is so like one I have made many times but had never put to paper. Now thanks to you I can add this to our family cookbook without having to do all that measuring! Your recipe has all the same ingredients right down to the A1 sauce! Other then using plum tomatoes I made as posted and it was soo good. This not only tasted great but the aroma that wafted through the house was such that I am sure the neighbors knew we were enjoying a wonderful meal! Thank you.
this really smelled good while cooking but me and my husband did not care for it.