1/2 Photos of Red Lobster Salt Crusted Baked Potatoes
1 hr 5 mins
Burned Toast's Note:
This has long been a specialty of mine. These potatoes are versatile. They can be wrapped in foil or left exposed. They can be baked using convection or a regular oven. You might even try the microwave. I added those directions at the end. These potatoes will come out very tender, full of flavor and oh so yummy. You might choose to eat them with nothing but butter on top, as my husband does. These potatoes are even hearty enough to replace meat as your main dish at supper. They will also be pretty enough to serve to company. I have had so many comments that these are identical to the Red Lobster potatoes that I had to try the ones at RL. I agree they are similar, but mine seem more flavorful. I think I put on more salt and end up with a drier, crisper skin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scrub the potatoes well, rinse and allow to drip dry. Leave them whole and do not peel the skin.
- 2Preheat oven to (convection) 325 degrees or (regular) 350 degrees.
- 3Pour oil onto one small plate and salt onto another.
- 4Place an ungreased cookie sheet next to the plates.
- 5One by one, roll the potatoes in the olive oil. Allow excess to drip onto plate.
- 6Roll potato lightly in sea salt. You can rub the salt over the potato to spread it evenly. Do not oversalt (ie cover the whole potato). If you run out of salt, simply add more to the plate.
- 7Lay the potatoes on the cookie sheet. Drizzle any remaining olive oil over the potatoes. Use a fork to poke holes across the top of each potato to allow heat to vent.
- 8Place the cookie sheet on the middle rack of your oven. Allow to bake for 1 hour. Test with a fork. When potatoes are tender and the fork easily slides in, take them out and serve.
- 9Other baking option: You can try wrapping each potato tightly in foil instead of using a baking sheet. Just be very careful about steam burns when unwrapping the foil after baking.
- 10Microwave option: Wrap each potato tightly in a paper towel and place on a microwave-safe plate. Set the microwave to full power for 12 minutes. Check for doneness and continue at 2 minute intervals until tender. Note: I have not tried this method, but this is how long my microwave takes for 4 potatoes on its 'Potato' auto-setting.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Lobster Salt Crusted Baked Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.3
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1757.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 4.3 g