3 hrs 15 mins
This "hummus" has no chick peas, making it great for a primal/paleo diet or anyone else who doesn't eat beans. There are 3 variations listed (four if you count the base recipe). It was posted on whole9life.com and created by the author of theclothesmakethegirl.blogspot.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak cashews for at least 3 hours.
- 2Drain and rinse cashews a few times.
- 3Place cashews and all remaining ingredients in a food processor.
- 4Variations: add either the olives, OR red pepper and paprika, OR sun-dried tomatoes. Or, just leave those out for a simple plain "hummus.".
- 5Puree in the food processor until well blended - it will be very thick.
- 6Add water 1/4 cup at a time until desired texture.
- 7Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
Browse Our Top Nuts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Nuts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raw Cashew Hummus - Bean-Free!
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.1
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 308.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 8.1 g